I have planned a visit to London in April with my wife and 2 children aged 16 and 12. Are their any pubs who will allow is in for a drink or if necessary to have a meal.

you should be able to take your children into any pubs that have dining areas. Most will indicate this outside, or you can simply ask the bar staff. You will probably need to order food – unlikely to be able to sit in those areas if you just have drinks.

Unfortunately, you can’t usually take children into the bar areas – ie. the areas where only alcohol is being served.